The date is set, Bank Holiday Sunday April 30th.
The place is set, Chapel St.
Tickets are now available via Skiddle.com:
Super Earlybird Tickets priced at £12
Earlybird tickets priced at £18
If you download the Skiddle App you can get both the Earlybird tickets booking fee free on a first come, first served basis, limited to just 25 tickets. (unfortunately this is only available to iphone users, Skiddle are working on an Android version for the very near future)
Advance tickets priced at £23.
Physical tickets will be available in early 2017.
Well, one week on and we have only just recovered whilst sitting in the blistering sun, reminiscing about last weeks cold grey skies. Despite the weather, SFTOC 2016 was quite simply the best one yet and we just wanted to take a few minutes of your time to thank everyone who helps create this magic.
Firstly we could not do this without our team who have put months of hard work into making this happen in every sense of the word; our tech wizards Dave Jay & Aislinn Fearon, our social media god Matthew Britton, our press team Ruth Allan and Jamie Leigh Hargreaves and our volunteer Coordinator Isla Brown. Our wonderful contractors, the tech providers Neuron Pro Audio and Hollowsphere and the guys who keep us safe all day and all night, Serenity Security.
Secondly, the promoters for pulling it out the bag more so than they ever have done before: Fat Out till you Pass Out, Hey! Manchester, Good Afternoon, Now Wave, Video Jam, SFTOC.TV heads Bad Uncle & IMPATV, Salford Zine Library, Manchester Midi School, The White Hotel, T’OPP Collective, The Beauty Witch, Try Luv, Sham Bodie, Chew Disco, Trash-a-rama, Grey Lantern, Sacred Tapes, Samarbeta, Annex Agency, Faktion, Gesamtkunstwerk, Meat Free, Night Fantasy, The Green Yard and our out of towners NTS Radio, Heavenly Records, The Quietus, Cafe Oto.
Thirdly, himHallows for leading us in the right direction to the deep sea and our poster creator David Bailey for flying solo this year on what has been one of our favorite designs ever and adapted in so many ways across the site, esp the stage logos this year that were next level.
Our enthusiastic supporters who we work with in many different ways to make this event truly magic; Arts Council England, Salford City Council, English Cities Fund, Cloudwater, Portable Street Beer House, Timekeepers Square, First Chop Brewing Arm, The Skinny, Islington Mill, Midi School & The New Oxford.
ALL the Artists & Musicians, you really put on a great show. The AMAZING Volunteers without you we could not have done this. The Venues for letting us take over your spaces for a day of madness.
And Lastly YOU, the audience, thanks for coming down and making it all worthwhile – you really are the best!
Beyond this there are so many people to mention who help bring this event together behind the scenes so a huge heartfelt thanks for that. SFTOC 2016, We did it! Salford truly is a special place.
In 25 hours our doors will OPEN for SFTOC 2016! Here is a final reminder of everything you need to know for the big day:
– The Wristband Exchange is open from 2pm until 9pm and is situated at Islington Mill (James St, Salford, M3 5HW)
– There will be around 100 tickets available on the day, priced at £25. If you are looking to purchase a ticket we advise getting to Islington Mill early. We will be updating on Twitter about the status of ticket sales. We are unable to accept card so please come with cash.
– You must go to the Wristband Exchange before heading to any venues as you need a wristband to enter, a ticket will not do.
– Please be aware there is likely to be a queue but we will endeavor to get everybody through as quickly as possible.
– Please print out or download your ticket and have it ready to be scanned as you enter the Mill.
– Wristbands will only be given to people at the Wristband Exchange in person – you must be present to receive your wristband.
– We are not able to reserve tickets.
EX EASTER ISLAND HEAD x BBC PHILHARMONIC PERFORMANCE
– Tickets are available for the Ex Easter Island Head x BBC Philharmonic performance at Salford Cathedral on a first come, first served basis from the Wristband Exchange.
– The Cathedral is a strictly no alcohol venue – please respect this.
THE EVENT ITSELF
– All venues have a set capacity and if full a wristband will not guarantee you entry, so we advise if you are really keen to see a certain act, get there early to avoid disappointment.
– There will be a programme available at the Wristband Exchange – don’t forgot to pick yours up. You can also download a Clashfinder in advance.
– Timings and Acts are, as always, subject to change but we will keep you updated on Social Media.
– There will be signs around directing you to venues, as well as a lovely map on your programme but if you have any questions ask our amazing team of volunteers.
– There are 4 After Parties taking place this year, some are more likely to be in demand than others, if there is a queue head on over to another one, they will all be bangin’.
– Please bring cash as a lot of our venues are unable to accept card.
– Please do not bring your own alcohol, bag checks will be in operation.
A reminder of some of the stuff you may previously have missed:
– Your Food & Drink options for the day so you can plan your pitstops.
– Merch is available to purchase from the Wristband Exchange and also the Engine House Bar, both situated at Islington Mill.
– Tag your photos on Instagram & Twitter throughout the day to be in with a chance of winning LARGE #SFTOCSkinny.
– Bring/wear a mask proudly to get involved with the himHallows Masquarade Ball
Have fun and bring your poncho!
Its 6pm, you have band fatigue, you need another pint and some food. Where will you go? The Chippy? Perhaps…but this year we bring you the widest ranging choice EVER at SFTOC for both Food & Drink – we are pretty damn happy with it and hope your bellys will be too.
This year, we welcome back some of our favourite culinary experts and a couple of new faces too. Have a look at the full selection below – with a couple of options potentially to follow on the day…
Mother May I: Vegan Food Extravaganza based out of the resident truck in the IM courtyard
Drum n’ Baste: Rocket oven fired pizza and a quick recharge chilli option. See the beautiful video below.
The B&B Bar: Deluxe Brockman’s Gin bar and vegan tasting plates to compliment the cocktails.
The Engine House Bar: Beer? Whisky? Pickles? Go to the Engine House entrance. You can also purchase the beautiful SFTOC Tote bag designed by Mariel Osborn here on a beer and tote deal for just £10.
Paradices – Come rain or shine these guys will feed you Ice Lolly’s all day long. Based at Islington Mill they have created a special flavour alongside our very own himHallows.
A new hub for SFTOC this year, here you will find promoters: Now Wave, Video Jam & SFTOC.TV and its a 30 second walk from Islington Mill! You will also find these beauties to keep you fed and watered throughout the day.
Portable Street x Cloudwater Bar: Choice craft beer selections from the Cloudwater Summer Range including their White IPA, A Session Bitter and a new lager. More information to follow.
Diamond Dogs: Hand crafted HotDogs made from scratch, smoked over English fruit woods
Mei Mei’s Street Cart: Proper Chinese comfort food inc specialties, Jianbing and Bao
Barnyard Bistro: Expect Steak Burgers and even more Steak Burgers from this beauty of a truck.
Watching some comedy, dancing in the back room of the pub or a car park or reading a zine sat on a sofa. Whatever your vibe in bexley Sq you can treat yourself to the following:
Deli Lama: Caribbean curry goat, veggie jerk burgers and jerk chicken burgers. “There’s a chance we could make something happen here that is by real Salford people” Linda Robson
New Oxford: A varied choice of ales from one of Salford’s longest running institutions. They spread onto the street for this one day of the year to bring you some of their finest selections.
Nkono: African-Caribbean Fusion – Freshly cooked, locally sourced with gluten free and vegetarian options
Nilas Burmese Kitchen: You can take a peek at what to expect from their menu here, my mouth is watering.
Creation Cafe: Outdoor Shot Bar and BBQ serving chicken & beef skewers on tortillas. In the cafe; chillis, curries and rice.
+++ Fresh food served all day at The Old Pint Pot, The Kings Arms (Roast Sandwich’s) & The Salford Arms
With only 3 days to go now excitement is building and this years master of ceremony’s himHallows has made a video to give you an idea of what to expect on the day.
“Ahead of Sounds From the Other City, himHallows takes you on a short excursion to the deep depths of the book of New Occult™. It’s pages contain the summons for the enchanted dark creatures who are forever bound to bring the party, in this instance, 1x Masquerade Ball plz.
So mask up, hold your breath (for approximately 17 hrs) and jump feet first into the murky depths of Sounds From the Other City.