Following our link-up with The Skinny last year (which featured, among other things, a parade down chapel street and secret shows), we’re proud to reveal that we’re teaming up with them once again. This time, they want you to take pictures of your day on May 3rd, hoping that you will capture the spirit of SFTOC – with the best photo winning a selection of goodies lovingly donated by the Sounds promoters. All the info below, and further details at http://www.theskinny.co.uk/festivals/uk-festivals/music/sounds-from-the-other-city-photo-competition
Sounds from the Other City takes over Salford’s Chapel Street onSunday 3 May for its annual Bank Holiday celebration of new music and arts, and to celebrate the festival’s unique, creative spirit, The Skinny has teamed up with the organisers to launch a special competition.
We’re looking for your photos that ‘Capture the Spirit of Sounds!’ To enter, all you have to do is share your snaps from the day on Twitter or Instagram with the hashtag #SFTOCSkinny.
The favourite shot, as chosen by the Sounds and Skinny teams after the festival, will win a goody bag stuffed with these AMAZING prizes:
- 2x tickets to Sounds from the Other City 2016
- 3 pairs of tickets to any Islington Mill shows of your choice
- 2x tickets to a Now Wave show of your choice
- 2x tickets to a Hey! Manchester show of your choice
- 2x tickets to see ex-Oceansize frontman Vennart at Soup Kitchen
- 2x tickets to Föllakzoid at Soup Kitchen
- Tickets to Sham Bodie‘s summer party (and a part in their next video)
- A record from each Gizeh Records artist performing at SFTOC
- A goody bag from the Little Red Rabbit label containing three past releases
- Four runners-up will also receive a Little Red Rabbit goody bag!
“But what is the spirit of Sounds?”, we hear you cry. Well, that’s up to you! Whether you snap an intimate gig or madcap street performance, something strange you spot on the streets of Salford or just your mates having fun, the winning photo could be of anything – so long as you feel it captures the festival’s character.
SFTOC Tickets are available priced at £20 from Skiddle here: https://bitly.com/1AOTJ9a as well as in person from Piccadilly Records, and booking fee free from North Tea Power, Font Bars Manchester and the Kings Arm.