Volunteering at Sounds
We are now looking for our amazing volunteer team to help deliver the extra special edition of Sounds from the Other City.
Applications are open until Monday 15 April.
Whether you’ve been involved before, or have never volunteered before, we need your help on our Quindecennial year. You’ll work in a dynamic environment, as a core part of our event, and gain experience across live events management, music, arts and promotion. Our roles include:
- Wristband Exchange: We are on one site this year which means that our Wristband Exchange is bigger and better than ever before. You are the welcoming face of the festival and there will be a whole host of performers around you also meeting and greeting all 1500 people to the site. No skills required, just happy faces under a tiny bit of pressure.
- Artist Liaison: There are a multitude of roles involved here from assisting the Artist Liaison manager to make sure all artists are happy, welcomed and know where to go across the site to assisting the crew caterer to ensure each and every artist have the best day possible.
- Stewarding: This is one of the most important roles on site as you become our eyes and ears. This role suits informative, enthusiastic people who love seeing people have the best time. Within this role you will be flexible to a multitude of jobs from guiding people around the site, to handing out souvenirs, to assisting some performances to litter picking and everything in between. A true festival role.
- Art Direction Support: Working with one of our 5 art directors we are looking for a variety of performers, DIY Superstars, Art Handlers, Decor enthusiasts and more. Roles here will include set up and there are a handful of performance opportunities as well.
- Technical Support: Working with our tech company, Neuron, you will be assisting the stage technician and stage manager for one of the stages to ensure everything runs smoothly and that all performances take place on time. Roles can include everything from setting up kit to moving fencing and finding performers. A can do attitude is essential for this.
- Set Up & Pack Down: Want to get a real sense of what it takes to put on a festival? This is the role for you! In the two days leading up to the event and the day after, we require hands to turn an industrial warehouse estate into a Music Festival and back again. This is where the real magic happens. Creative Hands are also encouraged as we do a fair few bits to animate the space and ‘Soundsify’ it.
All our volunteers are highly valued and act as the all-important faces and behind the scenes gurus of our festival.
In return for your time, we ensure that all volunteers receive fantastic experience and support, and – of course – have a ton of fun. If you’d like to get involved, sign up below – the best day of the year couldn’t happen without you!